Foróige, now the registered affiliate organisation with Big Brothers Big Sisters International, is rolling out the programme nationally. Part of this process is the development of partnerships with relevant agencies and services. As part of the strategy planning the programme may be delivered to internal, external and strategic partners.
The Foróige ethos will be reflected in the delivery of the BBBS programme, and will include
• The involvement of adult volunteers in the programme.
• Active learning throughout the term of the match.
• The provision of an outlet for the young person to socialise in a safe environment.
• The active involvement of the young people in all appropriate aspects of the process (before, during and in the closing of the match) and in particular in deciding on all aspects of the match activities.
• Young people make a positive contribution to their own development and the development of society.
Become a Partner
Foróige now offers other organisations/services/community groups the opportunity to offer the BBBS programme within its projects and services under the stipulations set out in the service delivery pack and manual. These include.
1. Intake process
2. Training and caseworkers
3. Maintaining Records and Reporting
4. Insurance and activities
5. Child Protection
6. Garda Vetting
9. Quality Control: